Are you a handson Controller with an international scope
Our client is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of protective packaging systems that apply plastic and steel strapping.
Due to internal promotion the position of Division Controller is vacant. Therefore Delfin Finance is searching for candidates for this international position.
The Division Controller is responsible for the controlling / finance of the division and its units across Europe. The position of Division Controller is positioned within the largest production unit located in south part of Limburg Therefore the Division Controller will be part of the management team of this unit. The management team consists out of the General Manager, Unit Controller, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Quality Engineer and the HR Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the controlling / finance of all the units within the Division.
- Plays a leading role in driving and implementing projects that increase revenue and profitability, synergies in the organization, reviewing and introducing new processes and constantly enhance the reporting capabilities of the Finance and Controlling organization.
- Enforcing adherence of the finance policies and implementation of projects within the Division. Interface to and close cooperation with Platform Controller and the US-bases Corporate Finance Team.
- Coaching, developing and challenging the finance personnel within the Division, making sure there are the right personnel skill sets at the right positions.
- Partner / Advisor and right hand to the VP/GM of the Europe Division and driver of business unit controlling.
- Demonstrates sound business judgement and understanding and contributes to the strategic direction and provides leadership to the business within the Division.
- Looks ahead and anticipates on future trends – not only report figures but predicts future results.
- Coordinates, summarizes and oversees timely and correct monthly and quarterly financial reporting and outlook preparation, consolidation of figures on Division level and analyses of deviations.
- Leads and coordinates the Financial Annual Plan and long term planning processes for the Division.
- Coaches, guides and manages Business Unit Controllers/Accounting Personnel onsite and offsite.
- Assures and supervises compliance with Division Financial and general policies.
- Coordinates and supports internal and external audits and is responsible to pass these audits with success.
- Coordination and responsibility for taxes and contact person to respective authorities as well as the European Corporate Office.
- Supports the business units to optimize the usage of IT systems and to simplify processes.
- Support and/or leads toolbox projects, strive for continuous improvement.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 8 years of broader financial experience in an international (Division) Controller position.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support the business strategy.
- Detailed knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including generally accepted accounting principles and US-GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel as well as profound ERP Systems experience.
- SOX knowledge desired.
- Fluent in English and preferably German, other European languages are and advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership presence / experience.
- Distinct open-minded and flexible mind-set, hands on mentality by getting things done and delivering on promises.
- Self starter, pro-active.
- Able to facilitate cross cultural understanding and collaboration.
- Strong team player.
- Can manage several projects simultaneously.
- Present and objective opinion as input for business decisions based on facts and data analysis and thereby demonstrates decisiveness.
- Find opportunities for unifying and simplifying process for ease of overall businesses.
- Target oriented, analytical, consistent and straight.
- Drives teams towards improvement, pushes for continuous simplification.
- Willing to travel
At this moment this procedure is in a final stage. For more information regarding this position, please contact Mark Simons +31 (6) – 52 37 67 75.